- City Departments
- Fire Department
- Emergency Management
Green River Fire Department works with the County...
Emergency Management Contact Information
City of Green River Fire Department
50 East 2nd North
Green River, WY 82935
Phone: (307) 872-0543.
On the Radio
Tune your radio to KUGR 1490 AM for updates and information during an emergency situation.
Judy Roderick, Emergency Management Director
731 C. Street, Suite 131
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Phone: (307) 922-5371
Cell Phone: (307) 389-3423
Phone: (307) 875-1400
Shelter In Place
This is a precaution aimed to keep you safe while remaining indoors. (This is not the same thing as going to a shelter in case of a storm.) Shelter-in-place means selecting a small, interior room, with no or few windows, and taking refuge there. It does not mean sealing off your entire home or office building.
Why You Might Need to Shelter-in-Place
Chemical, radiological, or biological contaminants may be released accidentally or intentionally into the environment. Should this occur, information will be provided by local authorities on television and radio stations on how to protect you and your family. Because information will most likely be provided on television and radio, it is important to keep a TV or radio on. The important thing is for you to follow instructions of local authorities and know what to do if they advise to shelter-in-place.
Tune your radio to AM 1490 - KUGR, or check Channel 13 on your TV.
How to Shelter-in-Place at Home:
- Close and lock all windows and exterior doors.
- If you are told there is a danger of an explosion, close the window shades, blinds, or curtains.
- Turn off all fans, heating, and air conditioning systems.
- Close the fireplace damper.
- Get your family disaster supplies kit and make sure the radio is working.
- Go to an interior room without windows that's above ground level. In the case of a chemical threat, an above-ground location is preferable because some chemicals are heavier than air, and may seep into basements even if the windows are closed.
- Bring your pets with you, and be sure to bring additional food and water supplies for them.
- It is ideal to have a hard-wired telephone in the room you select. Call your emergency contact and have the phone available if you need to report a life-threatening condition. Cellular telephone equipment may be overwhelmed or damaged during an emergency.
- Use duct tape and plastic sheeting (heavier than food wrap) to seal all cracks around the door and any vents into the room.
- Keep listening to your radio or television until you are told all is safe or you are told to evacuate. Local officials may call for evacuation in specific areas at greatest risk in your community.
Emergency Notification System
The City is now using the Rave Alert/Smart911 Notification System. The system can be used to deliver Emergency messages and General messages via the telephone, cell phones, text messages, and E-Mail.
Residents can enroll for Code Red by going to the City of Green River Enrollment Page. If you have any questions or need assistance you can call the Green River Fire Department at (307)872-0543.